Thursday 28 January 2016

Submitted my Found Footage Horror PhD Thesis Today

After 5 years of part-time studying; countless hours of sitting in libraries and reading (188 sources cited), writing, re-writing and more re-writing and watching and analysing about 20 films again and again and again, I submitted my PHD thesis today. It is 292 pages and 99,543 words long. 

Now I've just got to get through the viva exam around Easter time, and then hopefully get the thesis published as a book, and hopefully get a lecturing job out of it now! Thanks to everyone who has been in any way supportive over the last 5 years. It's been awesome and I'm going to miss it.



As I'm now in a navel-gazing kind of mood, here's a look back at some of the highs and lows of the past 5 years, as I have attempted to complete this thesis, watched a lot of awful films (and some really good ones too) and got a short book on The Blair Witch Project published at the same time!

Reviews of my book on The Blair Witch Project

My first academic paper: Cine-Excess Conference 2014

Referenced in a book on Found Footage Horror

My Blair Witch book just got a cover

Becoming a Found Footage Horror Expert: Media Interview

The Making of The Blair Witch Project

Blair Witch Book Just Got Really Real

Evidence of Good Found Footage

Alone With Her and Behind the Mask: Interesting Found Footage

Scraping the Bottom of the Found Footage Barrel

Found Footage PhD Update

Characters With Cameras

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.