Sunday 11 January 2015

Golden Globes Gambling

Once a year, I like to have a little flutter when it comes to awards season. OK maybe two or three times a year as I'll probably throw a tiny bit of cash down on the BAFTAS and the Oscars. Anyway, the point is I'm not an addict. I just like to liven awards season up with the potential of winning a little money. I'm too stingy and scared and skint to throw down any real money so I keep things very low key, only betting very small amounts.

Last year I came out a tiny bit up after betting on a couple of the awards ceremonies, but this year I'm trying not to play it so safe by betting on a couple of outsiders that may not be the favourites but still have good chances of winning.

I placed my bets at William Hill this year on the following nominees in the following categories:


Julianne Moore - Maps To The Stars @ 12/1 Best Actress - Musical/Comedy
Stake: £1.00 Potential Returns: £13.00


Amy Adams - Big Eyes @ 10/11 Best Actress - Musical/Comedy
Stake: £1.00 Potential Returns: £1.91


Ralph Fiennes - The Grand Budapest Hotel @ 9/1 Best Actor - Musical/Comedy
Stake: £1.00 Potential Returns: £10.00


Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu - Birdman @ 11/2 Best Director
Stake: £1.00 Potential Returns: £6.50


Eddie Redmayne - The Theory of Everything @ 1/3 Best Actor - Motion Picture Drama
Stake: £2.00 Potential Returns: £2.67


Boyhood @ 1/6 Best Motion Picture - Drama
Stake: £2.00 Potential Returns: £2.33


Felicity Jones - The Theory of Everything @ 16/1 Best Actress - Motion Picture Drama
Stake: £1.00 Potential Returns: £17.00

Highlighted are my winners.
TOTAL STAKE £9.00
TOTAL POTENTIAL WINNINGS (I can dream): £53.41

ACTUAL TOTAL: £6.91
What do you reckon are my chances? Will I get my £9 back at least or will I lose it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.