Saturday 7 December 2013

BBC World Service Interview on Paul Walker and Fast and Furious 7

All my writing for Yahoo on the Fast and Furious franchise led to me being approached by Mike McDowall of thr BBC World Service this week. He asked if I'd be up for doing a radio interview with Roger Hearing for the show Business Matters to be broadcast across the world. They wanted a fan's perspective on what Universal's options were for continuing with Fast and Furious 7.


You can hear the interview by clicking the link below:




Here's how I've been covering the tragic news of Paul Walker's death over at Yahoo and what it means for Fast and Furious 7 and the future of the franchise.

Rest in peace Paul Walker: A Fast and Furious fan responds 

Paul Walker's death: The Fast and Furious 'family' react 

Fast and Furious 7 must wait while fans mourn Paul Walker 

Can Fast and Furious franchise continue without Paul Walker? 

How will Fast and Furious 7 continue without Paul Walker?

My experience on the BBC World Service all started with this tweet below. I then had about half an hour to get my head around what I was going to say and then we pre-recorded the interview. It went on after 1am here but in Asia and places over that part of the world, it would have been an early morning show. I think it went ok.




I also got to be on the show with Variety's Justin Kroll who talked just before me about the business side of what Fast and Furious 7 means to Universal and why the show really must go on even without Paul Walker.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.