Thursday 28 November 2013

Middle Earth Envisioned book review and Insidious Chapter 2 DVD review

This month at Starburst Magazine I have been contributing more than ever. I have written a review of the book Middle Earth Envisioned, reviewed The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and contributed to the 2014 movie preview that went in the December issue which you can purchase here. I also contributed a DVD review of Insidious Chapter 2 and am very optimistically in the process of trying to secure an interview with director James Wan. There is a very tight deadline for this interview and James Wan is extremely busy with Fast and Furious 7 so perhaps I should not be so optimistic but I can't help hoping that I'll get to have a quick chat with the guy who made Saw.



Here is a snippet from my review of the Middle Earth Envisioned book and please be sure to check out my full review here and consider adding this to your Christmas list if you are a Tolkien fan.

"Middle-earth Envisioned is not for readers who are only interested in Peter Jackson's films or casual Tolkien fans. It is an exhaustive illustrated history of all those who have attempted to bring Tolkien's writing to life. Unless you are already a Tolkien know-it-all who speaks Elvish, you are bound to find plenty here that will leave you inspired to search the internet for further evidence of the weird and the wonderful adaptations of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings."

 As for Insidious Chapter 2, here is a snippet and click here for my full review:

"It is an admirable attempt to tell a deeper story and reward fans of the first film but by the end it's sadly lacking in the scare department."

It was a shame as I really quite liked the original but this one was a bit of a mess. It will be an eve greater shame if this really is James Wan's last horror film. Here's hoping he returns when he gets finished with the Fast and Furious franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.