Friday 16 November 2012

Radio Debut at Amazing Radio

On Wednesday I got the opportunity to record a segment for Amazing Radio talking film with Ruth Barnes on her breakfast show.  It aired today at just after 9am and thanks to the wonders of internet radio and all that, you can still listen to it for a little while!  Head here to hear the show, click on Amazing Rewind - Ruth Barnes At Breakfast 16.11.12 and my part starts around the 2.07.00 mark!  I was representing Filmoria and was asked to discuss the new releases heading into UK cinemas this weekend.

It wasn't the best week for me to be doing this unfortunately as I hadn't seen all the films on release and I'm not going to admit to how many of these films I've actually seen.  But I gave it my best shot at sounding like I knew what I was talking about and apart from all the umming and aaahing and stuttering and my monotonous tone, I think it went pretty well.

Also with Ruth saying such kind things about Filmoria and also my radio debut, I forgot to get the web address for Filmoria out.  I'm sure people will be able to find it with a search engine but I still would have liked to say www.filmoria.co.uk  There anyway I hope that sort of makes up for it.

Anyway the host Ruth is absolutely lovely and knows her stuff.  She is a Haneke fan and had clearly done her research on the films we discussed so the whole thing was an absolute pleasure and I'm incredibly grateful to Filmoria for the opportunity!

The films we discussed were:

Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 reviewed here



Amour reviewed here



Up There reviewed here

Can't embed the trailer sorry!

Jason Becker: Not Dead Yet



 Head here to hear the show, click on Amazing Rewind - Ruth Barnes At Breakfast 16.11.12 and my part starts around the 2.07.00 mark!

If you give it a listen please let me know how you think I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.