Thursday 26 May 2011

Ban this sick filth!

Off to a conference in London today to see Ruggero Deodato, director of gob-smackingly sick and twisted Cannibal Holocaust, argue/debate with the BBFC about censorship and show off a premiere of a brand-new cut of his masterpiece/bucket of squalid filth. So... real animal cruelty, forced abortion, rape, horrific punishment for rape... you name it, this films got it!

Some films just go too far don't they? But what is too far? Irreversible's 10 minute single shot rape scene? A Serbian Film and any of the joys contained within? Salo and 120 Days of Sodom? I could go on but I've got a conference to go to. I will return....

2 comments:

  1. There are two films I wish I never watched:

    Irreversible - the rape scene is horrific, and murderous revenge is digusting. I loved the idea of having the film backwards, but my brain would be a happier place for not having the memories of this film.

    Hostel - Absolutely no point to this film in my opinion. Just gore for gore sake. Why did I watch it? Who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm and hostel sounded like such a good idea for a horror film i thought. not sure went wrong!

    Agreed; Irreversible is one of the few films I had to hit the fast forward button- that rape scene was just too much! Glad i didn't have to sit through it in a cinema.

    ReplyDelete

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.